S7 200 install error

mitchok

Hi.

After starting to install the microwin prog, the PC crashed. Now, whenever I try to continue the install, I get a screen with the option of modify or remove. Modify just allows a language change, and remove results in the error can not find s7dos client in registry, or something similar.

Plz can anyoine help?

Thanks

Darren

Last edited:
Hello,

Well it’s an nice problem. I don’t have an answer but a few suggestions. I’m assuming (because the most people use it) you have a windows os.?.

Maybe you can let windows delete the program for you (configurations, add remove software).

If that doesn’t work you’ll need to delete some registry keys. The only problem is that I don’t have a clue witch one. You should run a registry cleaner and than look in the found keys if you can find one witch involve you program (name).
Setup programs usually look in your registry for some keys and based on that they determine if you have installed the software or not.

If you delete the installed files (witch aren’t needed now) maybe it will help.