Dwords to 2 words and back?

mike2004

I got to fetch and poke data to an FX2n PLC.

I'm getting 32 bit register data that I get in terms of 2 signed words (lsw and msw) that I need to put back together as a Dword.

I also need to take a Dword and figure out the 2 words that make it and send back to the PLC.

It's MX Component and VB6. I got a formula but it does not work if the msw is a negative integer?

Any ideas? I need to do the conversion in VB6.

Thanks,
Mike

Similar Topics

Hi I am being given several fault words (as a DINT) from a Drive that I am receiving into a Compactlogix L33ER controller. I have a small...
Replies
Views
So I need to be able to give 10 people passwords to the machine and I need to make a log of when they are used. It's a Rockwell l71 processor and...
Replies
Views
The topic of reading or writing floating-point values via Modbus seems to come up regularly, and it is to my mind not that difficult. That said...
Replies
Views
I have a customer that has a GT1575-VNBA and I think they are using GT Designer. They have the software and program for both the HMI and the PLC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am using Machine expert - basic with an M221 PLC. I have two 16 bit modbus registers coming in and I want to convert to a 32bit real...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom