FactoryTalk View Test Application and ViewPoint

ziggyspringer

I am using FactoryTalk View 8.20. Can I connect to my HMI application with FactoryTalk ViewPoint if I am running a Test Application on a PC? I have tried unsuccessfully so far.

Let me state that I normally would just use a PanelView Plus 6 to test my program. Contrary to normal operating procedure where I work, I decided to try and be proactive while some PanelViews are on order. As is often said, no good deed goes unpunished.

To test on a PC, you have to set the local path in the comm on the driver. Just make sure you don't copy it to the final side. You will be able to view it on the pc, with the path you have set up.

If your PC is on the same path as the final product it would work in running man, that is why there is a local and a final setup of drivers.

At work I have the studio set up to use running man on the terminal, in case we have a panel go down, and for test purposes.

No, you cannot connect ViewPoint to a test application on the PC.

The PanelView Plus includes 1 license (client) for a FactoryTalk ViewPoint connection.
So, only one Web Browser can view/connect to a PVP at a time using ViewPoint.

Yes, you can test run your FTView Studio ME project on the PC for two hours. Do that and make sure everything works as you need it to.
But the ViewPoint licensing is different on the PC. For that, you need to buy a FT ViewPoint license.
Or just wait until your PanelViews arrive and test it then.