LMHOST file for Wonderware

redbarron55

I have a few problems with Wonderware networking and I think I need to create LMHOST files for the Data Historian and workstations
The IP addresses and host names are as follows:

192.169.2.95 Operations1-PC

192.168.2.96 Operations2-PC

192.168.2.97 Operations3-PC

192.168.2.100 IP100WW_Server (Data Historian)

192.168.2.105 veolia123-HP (Engineering workstation)

192.168.2.110 DLINK-4AAE8D ( NAS for backup)

192.168.2.200 NPI624C8A (HP laser printer)

One problem is that the Operations2-PC does not show up in the data historian to set up for a redundant DAS server for history.

The workstations and Historian will not show all of the other computers under networks.

I am a PLC guy, but as can be seen not that high on networking.

I think that I need to list the hosts under the address for the installed computer with the first entry as:
EXAMPLE

192.168.2.95 LOCALHOST
192.168.2.96 OPERATIONS2-PC
etc.

Can anyone give me some guidance on this?

Thanks

lmhost is for NetBios which I'm quite sure isn't used much anymore. You need to edit the "host" file instead.

After editing the host file, pinging the name of it to make sure it's properly configured.

You didn't mention which OS you are using. In latest Windows 7 update, you can't see the other PCs unless you implement a password.

lmhost is for NetBios which I'm quite sure isn't used much anymore. You need to edit the "host" file instead.

After editing the host file, pinging the name of it to make sure it's properly configured.

You didn't mention which OS you are using. In latest Windows 7 update, you can't see the other PCs unless you implement a password.

Sorry we are using Windows 7 PRO

You may have hit the nail on the head on the passwords, but I hate to change / mess with passwords and make a mistake and take the historian off line.