CCW/850 "N" files?

LEO_1973

Hello All,

I'm new to the CCW software and I'm wondering what they are using instead of a "N" file to store numeric data.

Basically I'm trying to make a simple cycle counter and I have all the instructions correct but I don't know where to put the numeric data so so I can retrieve to display it on my HMI.

Thanks.

With CCW you don't have pre defined data types like you did in RSL500. You have to create your tags and then assign them the data type.

So for example you would create a tag called PARTS_TOTAL and give it the data type INT (same as a N file in RSL500). You could also use DINT (double integer) if you plan on counting above 65,535.

Write back if you have more questions.

Last edited:
Thanks Bullzi.

This is quite a different animal than RS500 for sure.

I'm not 100% convinced this will be a better option than just using a 1400 but I'm going to give it a honest try.

Thanks again!

Yea it is different that is for sure. I am not a fan of CCW but if you are trying to save some money on the hardware and software the price is right. Unfortunately RA built the Micro line and CCW to be NOTHING like the RSL500 or 5000. So the learning curve can be pretty steep!! First thing to do is forget trying to do things like you did in RSL500. This is a completely different animal. The only thing they have in common is the AB logo.

A ML1400 is always a better option in my opinion:)

it was built to match the IEC63...... standard
it is a huge learning curve but almost identical to Panasonic's and others of the same standard
it is closer to the RS5000 and can accept the RS CIP (tag reference) information
You may need to update the firmware to achieve that
the free software is the major difference