Omron CS1 to Ethernet VSD

Steve_D

Guys,
I am trying to configure a Variable speed drive on my ethernet/IP network on my CS1H PLC. All I need to do is read the speed, status etc i.e. no control.
Omron have a network configurator package on which I can see my CPU and EIP21 Card - I assume I insert the Drives EDS files, which I did, but when I goto upload my configuration, the drive has a "Vendor Specific Error".
I just want assurance that Im heading down the right path and any pointers what to do when I get past this roadblock.

You are heading in the right direction.

The issue may be the vendor EDS file. You need to make sure it is an Ethernet/IP EDS file and not a DeviceNet file.

Also, make sure the drive is Ethernet/IP and not Ethernet TCP/IP.
Have run into this in the past.

Hope this will help.