Pannelview 5500

garlantm

Hello,

I was just wondering if any of you guys had a good way to run a panel view 5500 program on your desktop? I would like to create a proof of concept for my manager before we buy the actual device.

Thank you

Never done a 5500 but in Factorytalk View ME you can test the display on your computer. you can also run the runtime file that is created on your computer. Does Studio 5000 have those features?

Never done a 5500 but in Factorytalk View ME you can test the display on your computer. you can also run the runtime file that is created on your computer. Does Studio 5000 have those features?

That is what I was wondering because with studio 5000 I am no longer getting factory talk view ME its all done through the launch section where you choose whether your building a plc program or a panel view program.

That is what I was wondering because with studio 5000 I am no longer getting factory talk view ME its all done through the launch section where you choose whether your building a plc program or a panel view program.

Unfortunately there is not a way to test the application without the actual hardware. Our local Rockwell guys said that this feature will eventually come. I was pretty disappointed that this feature didn't exist, it was probably the best thing that FTVS had going for it. Let's hope that it will come in the next major release, which I think is with Studio 5000 v30.

That really sucks!! I am with you dmroeder that is the best feature of FTVS. Guess that is why I really like Red Lion HMI's :)

Unfortunately there is not a way to test the application without the actual hardware. Our local Rockwell guys said that this feature will eventually come. I was pretty disappointed that this feature didn't exist, it was probably the best thing that FTVS had going for it. Let's hope that it will come in the next major release, which I think is with Studio 5000 v30.

Thats what I was afraid of. I hope they come out with that soon!