Micro850 Debouncing Timer - Ladder

SME

Hi
Im new to the Micro range and 95% through a machine programming job,
I'm just struggling on one task.
Have a HMI and a maintained PB the a user entry (for time)
Have a cylinder (Very Long)
Want to be able to enter a time (say 3 sec) the press the PB and the cylinder will travel out for 3 sec the travel back for 3 sec and so on and so on until I press the PB again.

Hope that's clear enough hope someone can help.

Thanks
Shaun

Shaun,
Welcome to the Forum!!
I don't do much with CCW but wanted to challenge myself and see if I could create something to answer your question. I put this program together using v7 CCW. I have not tested or debugged it but it should give you a direction to go.
Good luck.

Hi Bullzi,
I can not thank you enough for trying to help me out.
However I can not open the file you sent I just get errors I don't think it is because I have version 9, I think it may be as I don't have your whole project file.
Could i possibly trouble you to send me the program branch/ routine
As per attached screenshot
Then I can just import into my project.
I can give you my email address if its easier.
Thanks very much
Shaun

Screenshot.JPG

Another reason why I don't like CCW. It is a pain to zip up and send.
PM me your email and I will email the project to you.

Here is a screenshot. If you need the whole program send me your email address and I will email it to you.[

Extend_Retract Cylinder.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Bullzi,

How did you get a timer timing bit out of that timer?
That is what I was aiming for but I could not find a TT in bool.

Cheers
Shaun

There isn't a Timer Timing bit in CCW. I created it on rung 3 and 5. Basicly if the timer is enabled by the Cycle_Enable bit and it is not done(Q) then it is timing.
Since I didn't actually test it on a PLC I can't say what how the Q bit acts. It if acts like the DN bit in RSL then it should stay active unit the timer is enabled again. If so my logic should work. If not you may have to put some other logic into the program to make it work.

Oh, yep I get you now,
If you wouldn't mind sending me you file (even just the export as in the screenshot) that would be awesome and I will download it and give that a crack
Thanks

If anyone has been following this Thread I wanted to provide an update. I have emailed SME the tested program that does what he wants. The CCW export file is attached here. Hope it helps someone else.