One second delay while printing in some mixer machine?

jeevan.tp

Hello,
am getting one second difference when process started till process ending time.
example: set time 5 min and interval time 1 min.
If am started the process at 11:55:25
next print has to be at 11:56:25
11:57:25...continues till 12:00:25.
But some time the time while printing in page.
example: 11:55:25
next print 11:56:24
next print 11:57:25
next print 11:58:23
next print 11:59:24
...so am getting these kind of print in page..how to eliminate this time delay??

Mitsubishi PLC,
beijer HMI,
PLC RTC clock used
and Process time i.e the Total time given for mixer.Once the print interval time reached plc has to trigger a pulse and signal sent to the HMI . next HMI print screen will print.i.e "process running" should print.

Last edited:
You can't fix it because you don't know the delay between the PLC telling the HMI to print and the actual moment that the print will start. You can improve things by making sure that only important data is transferred instantly and all other data is added to a slower poll group. Also if you can increase the communications speed between the PLC and HMI. The only way to get it 'right' would be to use a clock on the PLC and transfer the time and data to transfer registers before requesting the print from the HMI.

I agree with Bryan.

If you absolutely MUST have "accurate" times, format the time string in the PLC when triggered, and send that string to the HMI. That way, the HMI can delay for a second, or an hour, and still print the PLC's triggering time.

One second delay while printing Report in Blender machine?

hello,
I want to fix this one second difference in Report printing.
As it is discussed in earlier messages, i modified in plc program such that; am capturing the RTC time when print signal triggered and stored in some register,
the same register i used in report which is going to print the stored RTC time.Even though am getting the second difference sometime not regularly.

Thank you.
Every problem have a solution.🤞🏻

One second delay while printing Report in Blender machine?

hello,
As it is discussed in earlier messages, i modified in plc program such that; am capturing the RTC time when print signal triggered and stored in some register,
the same register i used in report which is going to print the stored RTC time.Even though am getting the second difference sometime not regularly.

Thank you.

hello,

Thank you.
While you are at it, fix the FIVE second difference between the original and this double-post.:p

If you have done as we suggested to jeevan.tp then you have stopped the communication times problem. So you have to look at the PLC and the signal you use to trigger the storing of the data, also the cycle time of the PLC. You will have to look why would there be a difference between your timing of triggering events? Is the PLC doing something else that means the cycle time is sometimes slower?

sheesh

If I got a snooty response like that you would have landed on my ignore list.

Awww Jesper, if a guy can't 'attempt' to make a funny comment without being berated by the GODS of the forum, just go ahead and add me to your aspired-to list!

Should I look back through the forum history for ANY comments that you may have made that may have had a hint of humor?

jeevan.tp double-posting is generally frowned upon. I just found it funny wrt the topic of this post.
If you feel the same as Jesper, add me to your list, too.

Sorry you both were SO TRIGGERED!