Modbus communication with Twido

Emouraf

Hello everybody,
My name is Emanuel Moura, I'm from Brazil (it means, my english is not very good).

I'm working with a project with PLC Twido TWDLCDE40DRF, from Schneider and a Capacitor Bank Controller. This Controller have the option of manual or automatic triggering of the banks.

My project consist in activate the Banks in manual mode with the PLC.
To do that, I need to read the value of the Power Factor that comes from the Controller.

According to the Records Table from the Company that developed the Controller, the Register that gives me the value of the Power Factor is 0008 from ModBus function 04.
I got in contact with the company and they said to me that is necessary to put 0000h in the float ack (register 0011 from function 6)..
They also said to me that is necessary to concatenate the informations according to name IEEE754 to read the values correctly.

The problem is: I know just basic stuff from ModBus RTU and the things I tried on TwidoSuite is not working.

Informations: Address of the Controller is 2. Comunication Speed: 19200.

How can I read the Power Factor value from the controller?

Thank you all for the understanding and one more time sorry for my bad english.

Welcome to forum

So you need to read one word and write one word with Twido (or if values are float then two words)

On twido you can use so called com macros, it is easiest way (search from help files). You can use programming port, but it is easier to debug if you use twido's 2nd serial port for modbus querys.

Macros needed are

C_RD1W (read one word)
C_WR1W (write one word)
C_RDNW (read several words)
C_WRNW (write several words)

Call only one macro at time, you only need to write and read so you can use counter or some other method to trigger querys

take look to old thread:http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=53434

Also this can be helpful, it is Spanish?

http://instrumentacionycontrol.net/...tomatas/IyCnet_COM04_ModbusTwidoMacroComm.pdf

Last edited:
It was helpful.
I was trying to make it working, but it doesn't.
On animation table, I got some values, but none of then are reasonable according to the Controller.
Here is a printscreen of the animation table.
http://imgur.com/a/PqCKG

Last edited:
don't worry about that, i've already developped that programme reading the power factor, i'll write you very soon, if you have an email adress i could send you two or three lines in programming twido.
you have to read factor as float,