Compact logix with panelview 600

Doylen

I just discovered that in order to use implicit messaging over Ethernet IP, I need control logix platform to communicate. So, I'm about to upgrade my Micrologix 1100 PLC with CompactLogix 5370.
But I don't have a budget to replace the panelview 600.
The panelview 600 was communicated with Micrologix 1100 over Ethernet.
I barely remember, that I must create bit arrays and integer arrays to create in tag based system like B3 and N7 (Bits used at panelview) and convert.
Is this correct?
If there someone can show me how to program between two, by examples, it will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

----------------------------------
I know Modbus is an another option to consider but I'd rather stay on course with AB communication area.

Is this one of the older PanelView 600 with the black plastic bezel (2711 part number) or a newer PanelView Plus with the gray bezel (2711P part number) ?

The easiest thing to do is to use the "PLC/SLC Mapping" feature, which allows you to designate INT[x] and REAL[x] array tags in the CompactLogix to emulate the N and F data table types in an PLC or SLC controller.

Let's start by figuring out which PanelView you've got and what its firmware supports. The older ones have limited support for native ControlLogix tag names and even for an I/O connection to exchange data rapidly.

Ideally, you'll get your hands on PanelBuilder 3.83 (that was the final release, many years ago), which will include the latest version 4.x firmware for the PanelView 600 terminal.

I don't know if a PanelView 600 Standard with v3 firmware is going to be able to connect to a modern 5370 series CompactLogix. The most informative thing to do is going to be to build a simple test application to see if you can read "N7:0" out of the INT[x] array tag that you associate with File 7 in the PLC/SLC Mapping feature.