Siemens software installs

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Howdy everybody!

Has anyone been having issues with Siemens installs lately? Seems like windows has different permission or settings in the latest updates that are giving me issues.

In step 7 I had to move the PKZIP folder from Program Files (X86) to the C drive to keep it from erroring out any time I tried to archive / retrieve.

I have now moved on to TIA portal and I get an error when I try the same things. I haven't tried any other TIA fucntions (programming / downloading). I am wondering if there is something similar that I have to do for TIA to work.

I found its the path environment variable that had to be fixed to get things working correctly, at least in windows 7.

Was that for TIA Portal?

UPDATE:
I have updated the option in Simatic manager but don't see any options in TIA Portal

Last edited: