Starter connect to S110 CU305 PN

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear all

I am working on my first project with Starter, trying to connect to a S110 CU305 PN, I beleive I have read every single manual regarding this, but still no luck !!

When I pick the drive in Starter it comes up with a IP address: 169.254.11.22
is this the default IP for the CU305 ?

I have a mac address on the front of the CU, but haven't found anywhere to add this in starter.

If anyone can give me a hint in the right direction or what manual to read, please let me know :)

It was my assumption that the PLC directs that. So try the IP of the PLC.

In my experience of using Starter, that's how it has always worked for me.

It applies to all Profinet IO Devices that they do not have a standard IP or standard Device name when the are fresh out of the box.
You have to load the Device Name to the drive. Probably in via STEP7 Hardware Configurator, or via Primary Setup Tool (PST).
When the Device name is loaded in the drive, the PN IO Controller (the CPU) will transfer the configured IP address to the drive upon power-up.
From then on you can probably connect to the drive from STARTER.

Hi Jnoobs

At the moment the setup is mounted on my workbench and was trying to connect via ethernet without a PLC, maybe I am on a wrong path here and need to get a PLC setup as well.

I will try to see if I can get the serial setup going and at least get the right IP address in the system and work my way from there.

It is possible to also transfer the IP address to the drive from the HW Configurator or PST. The only negative sideeffect is that you then lose the ability of handling the IP addresses be via the CPU. This means that if you later will do sweeping changes to the IP addresses, you will have to update the IO Devices one-by-one.

My plan was to get to know the drive here in my workshop before I install the drive at the costumer, I had this idea that i would be able to save my setting or print them out.

And then start from "Scratch" again at the customer side, to get everything into there IP setup, will this be possible ? Can I reset the drive or don't I need to ?

Just want to check, if i use my USB/Serial adapter will this turn in to a very long night ?
Not sure if starter is OK with this setup ?

Dear list

Sorry for my late reply, i was away on another job and came back to this one with a clear head :)
I moved the starter over on an old pc with a comport, thinking my USB/Serial converters where no good, I was able to se the drive, but communication was very bad and kept crazing.
After searching true some old threads i fond a comment regarding voltage on the serial communication, so I looking in one of the boxes of stuff you never through out and found a Moxa Ethernet/Serial converter that can handle a 24 volt DC supply

Now communication is running smooth over the serial port :)

Thanks for your input