Why can't I edit a program online in RSLogix 500?

ryangriggs

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was trying to modify a program online the other day using RSLogix 500 . The PLC is a SLC5/05. I was online with the PLC, and could change memory values and instruction parameters, but could not add rungs or edit existing rungs. Attempting to enable the Online Editing checkbox within the properties shows it grayed out but with a checkmark present.

I have RSLogix 500 Starter Edition, Version 8.40.00 (CPR 9)

Is "Starter" edition the problem?

Thanks!

Similar Topics

Dear Everyone I work with PLC GE-Fanuc. But I don't know that "PLC GE-Fanuc (Series 90-30 and VersaMax) can Online Edit Programming while...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have encountered a problem, Due to the large number of function blocks used I have run out of Retained and Non Retained space set aside...
Replies
Views
I have a line that uses a Omron CS1G-H Processor. It runs every day. I loaded a copy of the program they had stored on disk into CX-Programmer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm working on some Control and Compact Logix A&B PLCs, running Logix5K version 24. I've been doing online edits just fine, but I've...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is there a way to determine the time in which either the last online edit or full download to PLC has taken place in rslogix? Best, Gabriel
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom