PLC5 SLC question

Lumbarkod

Adding some SLC cards by extending the backplane. It's controlled by a PLC 5 by Data Highway. I see the both input cards and use the logic, but can't even force the output cards. Any ideas. 4 card SLC rack. 2 input, 2 output.

Welcome to the forum.

Can you turn on the outputs with regular ladder logic?

If yes, then ignore this next part.

It has been a few years since I worked with the PLC-5. About ten years actually. I think you may need to modify the channel settings for the RIO channel to adjust the size of the logical rack being scanned. You may also need to make changes to the 1747-ASB RIO adapter module to account for the new cards. If I recall, the 1747-ASB settings are handled with dipswitches on the adapter card.

Post as much detail as you can about your system. If allowed, attach a copy of the PLC-5 program. (Put the file in a compressed folder first, then on the bottom of your post click "Go advanced", "attach files", and a pop-up window will guide you from there.)

Last edited: