panelview remote opc server

ygnm

hey guys. i am having an issue and maybe somebody here can help me out with it. i have a panelview plus that i am trying to get to read kepserver from a remote opc server. i have everything set up and when i run it on my computer it works find but it says the item is no longer available when i run it on the the panelview itself. i think part of the reason maybe that when i navigate to the computer that its hosted on to set up the server it looks for it by the computer name. i'm not sure if the panelview plus can do that. i'm kind of stumped right now. any help anybody can give will be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

No, PanelView Plus cannot do that (connect to remote OPC server).

What you can do is a bit tricky:
1) Setup your PVP project to use Kepware Modbus Ethernet
2) Setup the Kepware Modbus Ethernet driver to read/write from a remote Modbus Ethernet
3) Make your remote Modbus Ethernet device a Kepware OPC server

You can also use that trick to have two PanelView Plus devices share data. Just setup one of the PVP with Kepware as the Modbus master.

It will work on the desktop; using FTView ME Station.

It would be awesome if the PanelView Plus could talk to a network FactoryTalk Data Server, or remote OPC server. But that does not work when running on the PanelView Plus.

When we use PVP connected to Siemens PLC, it uses kepware for communication. I install the OPC on my development PC, set up the tags etc and then import them to the screen.

Can you use the internal OPC server as well? In other words, copy the setup from your remote server, and import it to the on-board kepware server?

if i set everything up in kepserver enterprise it polls the data fine. the issue is that enterprise doesnt have the abb totalflow native addressing and not all of these totalflow's have had modbus addresses set up in them and i am not allowed to access them and set them up. like i say when i run it from my laptop its fine but once i put it on the panelview itself its a no go.