FactoryTalkView SE Trigger an Action automatically when an Alarm Occurs

whussain6

Hi,

I wonder If there is a way to trigger an action i.e. open a pop-up when an alarm occurs (not applicable for all alarms only for selected alarms)

I have tried FactoryTalk view action when configuring alarms but that only works when double click the alarm.

I could not see a way of doing it in VBA as there is no Alarmobjects_change event for the alarm and event view control.

I have an alarm banner and I want to open faceplate when an alarm of, lets say, urgent priority occurs.

Thanks

Hi,

I wonder If there is a way to trigger an action i.e. open a pop-up when an alarm occurs (not applicable for all alarms only for selected alarms)

I have tried FactoryTalk view action when configuring alarms but that only works when double click the alarm.

I could not see a way of doing it in VBA as there is no Alarmobjects_change event for the alarm and event view control.

I have an alarm banner and I want to open faceplate when an alarm of, lets say, urgent priority occurs.

Thanks

Search the forum for displaying popup in SE. It's been covered at length several times. Long story short, SE is client/server based, and the alarm handler is server, but the windows are client....so you have to write some VBA code and hide an object on a static window that monitors the tag server and issues a client based visibility property on the window.

One example: http://www.plctalk.com/qanda/showthread.php?t=104971&highlight=popup+SE