Using ProWORX 32 on VMware Workstation

beddyteary

Hi all,

I am trying to connect a Schneider TSX Compact PC-E984-265 to ProWORX 32 which I need to have in VMware Workstation for work on the field. However, whenever I tried bringing it online (initializing then stop/starting first) it always failed to detect it. I have already confirmed from an old DOS computer that the cable is not the issue. On ProWORX 32 I have already set the COM port to 1 and the VM settings to COM port 1 as well. On the PLC, the switches are set to pull-PLC and RTU first. Even with those settings I am still getting error messages. Please advise.

PS. Could it be that the Virtual Machine already reserved COM port 1 without me knowing? When I set to auto-detect physical com port it says COM 1.

try a loop back test - join 2-3 on the com port and use telnet to see if there is an echo.
Take a look at the IRQ's in control panel and if necessary re-allocate them on the virtual machine to suit the new virtual com port