Connect incremental rotary encoder to S7-1200?

Pete.S.

Hi guys!

I know the Siemens S7-1200 has pulse inputs but I was wondering if you can connect a standard incremental encoder in quadrature mode (two pulse trains A/B) to the S7-1200 directly?

If you can - what voltages does it support?

Thanks,
Pete

Looks like 24 vdc standard and 5vdc if you add the small signal board in the center
Also A/B
I haven't tried the 5vdc on the signal board yet

enc.jpg enc1.jpg

I did it via the SB once, for the 5V. I think the SB actually had a faster HS counter than the main inputs.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I have an incremental encoder that is currently feeding into a high speed counter on a micrologix 1500. We have two new ink jet printers...
Replies
Views
The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
I'm using a SLC typed write from the ControlLogix5572 to the MicroLogix 1400, with path: 2, (MicroLogix IP). The ControlLogix equipment has a...
Replies
Views
Hello, As part of our project, we are using an M241 controller. This controller interfaces with an industrial computer and a router via a switch...
Replies
Views
Here's what happened, Operator turned on the disconnect for an auger while it was still running to cut power. Auger DID in fact turn off, but the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom