Redlion DSP datalog event trigger

kjacoby

Good afternoon. I am trying to set up a DSP to log the current time every time an integer increments (parts counter). I have setup the tag, C5:1.ACC as my data. But I am having trouble coming up with a trigger. I can setup a trigger for value change, but after the datalog records I need that trigger flag to reset to false so I can detect the next increment. My cycle time is around 5 seconds.

Is there a complex code or anything that I can write to trigger the datalog, and reset my trigger bit?

Thanks,
Kenneth

I have got it working now. Its a bit of an off the wall approach i believe. So i would still be interested in seeing how some of you would approach this.

I created 2 new tags, one bool(tag1), and one integer(tag2).

When C5:1 increments, I turn tag1=true. and as my second trigger, tag2 = c5:1.acc.

Then when I see my Tag2 value change tag1=false.

I then use tag1==true as my datalog trigger. I setup a counter to increment ever 3 seconds, and i record my timestamp on every increment.

The Data Log is a good place for periodic logging of analog data, but it's not very good for recording discrete "events".

There's also an Event Log feature in Crimson 3, that's similar to the Alarm Log.

You can configure a tag to save a timestamped record to the Event Log in the Alarm tab for that Tag. Set it up as an "Edge Triggered Event" with a "Change in Value" of 1.

The Event Log is generally viewed with an Event Log primitive onscreen. I know you can clear it, or programmatically retrieve the last event in it.

But I'm not sure what the actual output format is, or where it's stored.

Go to the "Data Tags" page
Click on the "Data Tags" header (under the "New" tag button)
Change "Log to Memory Card" to Yes

Doing this will create an "EVENTS" log on your CF card that will contain a list of every tag event.