PILZ Structured Text Problem

chiwheels

I am looking for a PILZ expert as I am having real problems loading my program. The installation consists of two PLCs and 4 remote I/O headers all networked together with SafetyNet.

All devices load OK except one that switches to a Major FS Error state. I sent debug data to Pilz Germany and they replied that the Modbus is overflowing its scan cycle time. They suggested a longer cycle time setting. This didn't work.

I then narrowed the problem down to one structured text (IEC 61311 program) function. I cut its size down to a quarter of what it was (statements, declarations and I/O) and it still caused the problem. Then I split the reduced function into two separate functions and that loaded OK. In the end I replaced the function with a number of multi-program blocks and that worked. This work-around gets me out of the immediate problem. However, I am moving on to a much larger project and am concerned that this issue will arise again.

I have attached a PNG image of the multi-program and a listing of the structured text function block 'WHSafety'. Can anyone see a problem with what I have done ?

Maybe this is not resolvable in a forum but I thought it worth a try. Thanks in advance for anyone that takes a look.

WorkHallMulti.jpg

Attachments

• whsafety.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 19