Most popular RTU/ Telemetry brands

Purush

Gents and Ladies,

I would love to hear from you as to which is a popular RTU/ Telemetry in the industry- Reliable/ User friendly/ Bug free. I have worked with Motorola ACE and Miri RTU's. Though i find Miri way better than Motorola, i would still be interested in better products. I am certainly not posting this thread for fun and I am seriously considering to propose for a better brand of RTU for a green field project. I am expecting the RTU to have atleast a programming port + ethernet port +serial port + Radio port(option of internal or external radio). Also to support protocols such as Ethernet, Modbus TCP/ip master & slave, RS232/485, DNP3 master & slave.
Your inputs will be much appreciated.:geek:.

Take a look at Schneider's SCADAPack. The new 500E series are supposed to be running a version of Unity by the end of the year.

They are quite bulky but the hardware is solid. I've only got a few currently in deployment but when paired with Schneiders Q and J series radios they have proven to be set and forget.

The existing ISAGraf programming software is not great. But I'm expecting great things from them once they run Unity. The new ones have the same processor as the M580 PLCs.