Managing AOPs - RSLogix5000

robertmee

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is it me, or is the number of necessary AOP's needing to download getting out of hand for RS5K products? I just had to do a fresh VM install of RS5K and spent hours tracking down the various AOPs to download, unzipping them, running them, checking whether that was the right AOP for my program. And that's just one program. Everytime I open a different pre-developed program with different modules the process repeats. Is the AOP library so huge now that Rockwell can't have a simple install CAB for all of them? Or is there one and I'm missing it?

No, I have taken to just having my distributors support folk automatically sending me AOP's for everything I order. I went bats*** a couple of months ago trying to find one for a Stratix switch and an AB servo drive, both of which I used less then 6 months prior, but of course, the firmware was different requiring new AOP's.

The required ones weren't in any bundle, nor were they by any means straightforward to find on the horrible support site. I basically explained to my distributor that they had better find AOP's for all devices I order, or I'd switch manufacturers.

I was just helping a colleague with AOP files yesterday and noticed a "bundle" package buried within the download list. I took note to come back and check it later to see what it included. Coincidentally I just tried to log in and it gave me an error but when you get a chance you might check yourself.