Cheap and simple display for SLC 500

PlastekGroup

Hey all, we are trying to find a simple cheap display that would display errors for our machine run by an SLC 500 PLC.

We have on HMI on one side of the machine (Proface screen) connected through serial (RS-232) but we have our PLC connected through an Ethernet network and have available outputs if necessary.

The screen we'd like does not have to be interactive or touch or anything, just simply display when everything is running well and then change automatically to display an error. There are already physical buttons to start and clear errors from that side.

Any help on a cheap solution for something like this would be appreciated. We do have a license for Factory Talk Studio if needed.

C-More from Automation Direct would work for you. It is a touch panel, but is cost effective and communicates through Ethernet.

We are looking for less than $500 display if possible that communicates through ethernet. As I said earlier it doesn't have to be a Full HMI and interactive, simply display errors for us.

We are going to have put this on 16 different machines throughout the factory so the costs will go up even if little initially.

Do it need an SSD or hard drive? that is to install MS Visual Studio and AAHMI
I wouldn't install Visual Studio onto the compute stick because it has only a 32GB SSD and it wouldn't be very efficient running VS. But an AdvancedHMI application is extremely efficient and will easily run on the compute stick.

+1 for Maple Systems, but only their original stuff, not the rebranded HMCs.

+2
I use a shedload of these little bad boys.

Near infinite cosmic power ... itty bitty living space.

You can download the software and run the emulator for free to test it out. If you have a PC or laptop you can connect to the SLC, you can view and edit live values (emulator will shut down after 20 minutes).

If all you want to do is display an ok status or an event or alarm you could use an ezmarquee or view marquee....they're around 475 for ethernet version and you can hang them high for visibility...beats trying to read a 4" screen. We put them in textile lines for status and alarms.