Compact Logix L35E

cjh

I'm using a Compact Logix L35E. I "believe" that you can use a standard commercial compactflash memory card with this processor (question that I forgot to ask when I bought the processor..duh..).
Has anyone tried this before? Easier for me to buy one at Best Buy on the Am Ex than generating POs and all that jazz...
Thanks.

Yes, we have used 'off-the-shelf' CF cards in the L35E. We didn't run into any limitations. However, this may be card manufacturer dependent. So I wouldn't buy 20 of them until I'm sure one works first.

Keith

A-B offers their own labeled ones to fit applications that need extended temperature ratings that match the controller, or for installations that need to be validated with identical hardware.

I have used about six different brands with the L35E and L6x controllers and have encountered no problems. The biggest one I used was 256MB.

I would recommend getting a major brand like Lexar or Sandisk and stay away from cheapos and store brands.

So you can go up to 256M with flash cards on the Compact Logix? I understood the spec.s to say that it was limited to 64M?

Originally posted by cjh:
I understood the spec.s to say that it was limited to 64M?

I think the spec means it can only access 64M of memory. You can put a 256M CF card in but you won't be able to access the top 192M or address space.

Keith

That's what I was hoping to hear. I imagine it will be difficult to find 64M CompactFlash cards in the not-so-distant future.