RSL5K Program deletion

Does anyone know if there is a "GOOD" reason why we are not allowed to deleted an unscheduled program online. I can delete it offline (don't know about program mode), so I know the prerequisites are met to delete them. That would make it a lot easier to perform cleanup on running programs (so I wouldn't have to do it on weekends).

going by memory here - but try deleting all of the components "below/within" the program first ... once all of the tags and routines have been deleted, then I "THINK" you'll be able to delete the Unscheduled program ...

I can't delete the "Main" routine because the program configuration will not allow me to select none as the "Main" routine. I can do it offline, but online the drop down box arrow is greyed out.

The "Main" routine is completely empty, has zero code in it.

Last edited:
well - so much for my "memory" ... I'll play around with it - and let you know if I come up with anything ... maybe "offline" is the only way to go ...

It may be "offline only. I was just wondering why Rockwell doesn't allow us to do it online.

You'll go prematurely grey wondering why some of Rockwell's idiosyncrasies are the way they are. It's a robust product, and most times behaves, but there are some definite deficiencies....You can't cut/paste multiple rungs online either....or search/replace online...or change an alias online. There's a long bucket list of things you have to do a complete download in order to change something minuscule.