Export import screens in ftv me

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is it possible to copy individual screens from one project to another
in Factory Talk View Machine Edition. I have FTV ME 8.1 and would like to add the same screen to several projects, I realize I would have to change the connection tag to match the shortcut for each project but the rest would be the same. Thanks

Yup- right click at the top of the list of displays, and select "export displays". Select whichever ones you want. Make sure the displays are closed first as that can cause errors.

On the project you want to import them to, do the same thing and select "import". You may have to make a new blank display for each one. Just fiddle with it, it's pretty easy to figure out the quirks.

...You may have to make a new blank display for each one. Just fiddle with it, it's pretty easy to figure out the quirks.

If you use the batch import file instead of individually importing them, you don't have to do this - FTView will create each display in the batch automatically.

Drag and drop is still easier, if it's an option.

Didn't realize that you could drag and drop from different applications! Good to know!

I didn't for a while either. A coworker of mine said one day "why don't you just drag/drop those?". WHAT!?, I've been doing this the hard way the entire time!