PF525 Down load /Upload

Racer5039

If I down load (using the USB port) from a PF525 and when loading it into a new PF525, will I need to change the Rev number in the file to match the new drive? This is just the first couple of lines from the down load.

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Node>
<Drive Brand="1" Family="9" Config="198" MajorRev="3" MinorRev="1">
<Parameters>

If I down load (using the USB port) from a PF525 and when loading it into a new PF525, will I need to change the Rev number in the file to match the new drive? This is just the first couple of lines from the down load.

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Node>
<Drive Brand="1" Family="9" Config="198" MajorRev="3" MinorRev="1">
<Parameters>

My understanding is that there is no manual manipulation of the drive upload files required.
Simply download to new drive and the drive does the rest.

Did you check first to make sure your two drives have the same firmware revision? That's how I interpret what you are reading. One drive is a different version than the other and the parameter list is not the same. You can update firmware on that same port.

I have successfully modified the file to match versions. However, you must use Notepad or another text editor that is compatible. The first time I used Wordpad and that corrupts the file.

I have successfully modified the file to match versions. However, you must use Notepad or another text editor that is compatible. The first time I used Wordpad and that corrupts the file.

Yes, I found that out also.
SO all I would need to do would be copy and past the perimeters and paste them into the file I uploaded.
Working on setting up files for the other shifts that dont have hands on of 5000 but would be able to use the USB to config a drive if/ when a failure occurs.
Thanks for the feed back.