eqipment module,phase module,control module

emeka

hi guys,please i need a better understanding on equipment module(EM),phase module(PM),control module(CM),and BATCH..i really dont understand any of this.please i need a better understanding on how this is used.

A lecturer was trying to explain in class, he used an example of having different valves and creating a user defined tag i.e vlv.He then said you would create a tag for each valve but all would be called from the smae function block,i.e FB20..But i need more explanation on it,i dont seem to get it.i will appreciate drawings to aid understand if possible.thank you.

He called all input valves EM_TK200_IN,All output valves EM_TK200_OUT,EM being EQUIPMENT MODULE.HE also said they respond to calls in sequence..control module-EQUIPMENT MODULE-PHASE MODULE-BATCH.

I expect you will need to obtain a copy of the text the lecturer is using. Or else a more complete description of the process being controlled.
From what little information you have provided, I would interpret "Equipment Module" as relating to the hardware (valves, pumps, tanks, etc) that make up the system. "Phase Module" could refer to what state the process is currently in such as filling, mixing, emptying, cleaning, etc. "Control Module" could refer to the logic that decides when to turn the elements of the Equipment Module on or off and how fast and for how long they run in the various steps of the Phase Module. "Batch" generally refers to making a specific amount of product using a specific recipe.
I hope that is helpful, but be aware that it is only speculation on my part.

Yes it is helpful..this is exactly what he was talking about,but am finding it a little difficult to relate that to programming..A pictorial diagram will be quiet helpful...A mini process line will do.thank you