counter program is this posible

bpreissner

Using a sensor and one counter (preset of 6) I want count 6 bottles then energize a output.
The counter then resets to 0
When the second count of 6 is reached the output is de-energized.
I am using rslogix 500.

I'd use 2 counters. On Counter1.DN energize your output and enable the second counter. On Counter2.DN RESet both counters.

Sounds very much like a homework question. You've got more than enough information in the posts above to solve the problem - if you make an attempt and then ask for feedback on your efforts, you'll get a lot more responses than if you just ask for answers so you don't have to think too hard.

So I’m going to give you the benefit of doubt given that you’ve been a member of this forum for 8+ years now (I hope you haven’t been a student for that long). I’ve attached two PDF’s with how I’d do it. On uses a counter that goes to 12 and when it hits 6 an output is energized. I’m using a GEQ (greater than or equal) so from 6 to 12 the output is energized. The second one uses a counter that goes to 6 and uses the status of the output to turn it on or off.