Siemens 1500 and Fanuc robot

Casius

Hello
Can someone help me please with a Siemens TIA (project in TIA is better) or Step 7 project to manage a Fanuc robot?
I want to see how the inputs/outputs are used and also how the programs are sent to robot.
Thank you!
:geek:

This is a very basic question. You would need to provide more detail.

There are multiple options.

1 - You could have discrete hard wiring between the two devices
2 - Field bus (whatever Fanuc supports Profinet, Profibus etc...)

There is also the possibility that safety is passed over the Fieldbus, I assume Fanuc supports that, but can not confirm.

Update

Hello
Thank you for your reply.
I'm going to use Profibus and Siemens 1500 CPU. I don't know the type of controller.
I need an example because I have read that the robot have different methods to select a program (PNS, Style, RSR, others).
I don't have the equipment but I can see how others manage this and be prepared.
Thank you!

Do you have any training in Fanuc robot?

Like you said, you can use PNS. The principle is that you will send bits (outputs) to the robots that correspond each to PNS command. You will be able to select the PNS program to start, be able to pause it, abort it, there are also security signals to send to allow the robot to move.

You should really try to get a hand on a FANUC manual. To use PNS you have to se the robot to remote control, instead of local.

FANUC supports fieldbus with the dedicated cards (PROFIBUS, PROFINET , ETHERNET IP).