Purchasing advice

ITnewbie

Hello All,

I'm looking to purchase the software listed below. I'm in the IT department and we just hired our first devops/programmer. I'm not familiar with the software, licensing, and how it comes bundled. I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction for purchasing. Any tips or info with installation and bundling would be appreciated too. I'm in Ohio, USA if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Simatic - TIA Portal V13 SP1

Step 7 Professional
SafetyBasic
Startdrive
WinCC Advanced

Just a heads-up, TIA v14 has been released.
Would be a pity to purchase v13SP1 and then have to pay again for the upgrade.

And regarding packaging, you can either purchase the old way with physical media and licenses on USB sticks, or as a download only including download only of the licenses.
Thinking about the size of the software I would go for the physical media.

Last edited:
IT
Heres the part numbers

SIMATIC STEP 7 SUS Basic 6ES7822-0AA00-0YL0SIMATIC
STEP 7 Professional V14 6ES7822-1AA04-0YA5
SIMATIC WinCC Advanced V14 6AV2102-0AA04-0AA5
SIMATIC WinCC Advanced, SUS Standard 6AV6613-0AA00-0AL0

Ive been told that V14 and V13 Sp1 will ship together- call your distributor to confirm

StartDrive also comes in the packaging with V14.
I highly recommend getting the SUS (update service)

I hope this helps

This might be your distributor

Electro Matic Products Inc
10200 BRECKSVILLE RD
BRECKSVILLE, OH 44141
Phone: (888) 879-1088

Last edited:
Agree with other comments stating that V14 is the latest, literally released today, and I'd recommend it if you get the choice. However, if you're working with a customer who wants a specific version, make sure to match exactly what they are using. The V14 license should allow you to use V13, though, so ordering the newest is probably the best plan regardless.

Check out the distributor locator. The Electromatic contact info should work for you if you're in northern ohio. I think southern ohio has a different distributor.

http://www.industry.usa.siemens.com/topics/us/en/distributorlocator/pages/distributorlocator.aspx