Numeric data entry in connected component workbench

pr978

Hi Guys;

I have a problem with saving values in Numeric data entry. On every power down; all numeric value lose its value and come back with "0".

I have check everything I can but can't find any setting or anything which lets me to save it. Any help is much appreciated.

https://www.rockwellautomation.com/resources/downloads/rockwellautomation/pdf/events/raotm/sessions/manuals/L04-BasicPLCProgramming.pdf

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2080-um002_-en-e.pdf

'Variable Retention
Micro830 and Micro850 controllers retain all user-created variables after a power cycle, but the variables inside instances of instructions are cleared. For example: A user created variable called My_Timer of Time data type will be retained after a power cycle but the elapsed time (ET) within a user created timer TON instruction will be cleared.
Unlike Micro830/Micro850 controllers, Micro810 and Micro820 controllers can only retain a maximum of 400 bytes of user-created variable values. This means that after a power cycle, global variables are cleared or set to initial value, and only 400 bytes of user-created variable values are retained. Retained variables can be checked at the global variable page.'

Regards,

Hi;

Thanks guys for quick reply. I am using PLC 830 and panel view 800. My problem is HMI is showing value "0" for all numerical field after power cycle.

I was talking to rockwell about this issue and they told me that PLC retain all values. As I have shipped plant to site and other engineer is commissioning it; I can't confirm that it does or not so decided to talk with them tomorrow.