Dead dh485 port?

I have a 5/03 and the DH485 don't work. I can go into the program from CH 0 RS232 but not CH1 DH485. When I am online it shows CH1 as dh485 /19200. My UIC will work on other SLC's I already checked that. No change in the DH485 LED when I plug in and try to connect either.

Is there anything that would make this not work, beside hardware failure?

Thanks
Cowboy

If your UIC setup works with other 5/03 PLCs and you don't see the LED lit up when you connect I suspect hardware failure.

I've seen these ports fail when more... inexperienced personnel see the RJ-45 jack and assume it's ethernet and hook it up direct to their laptop NIC with a crossover cable or to a switch.

Nope only me

If your UIC setup works with other 5/03 PLCs and you don't see the LED lit up when you connect I suspect hardware failure.

I've seen these ports fail when more... inexperienced personnel see the RJ-45 jack and assume it's ethernet and hook it up direct to their laptop NIC with a crossover cable or to a switch.

Nope I'm the only electrician.
Thanks anyway