Siemens Memmory Card to Store Data from Program

juanmdx

Hello,

I was wondering if I can use a Siemens Memmory Card to store recipies of the PLC program (using S7-1200)?, I'm working in a project where there are a number of part numbers which I should check and match with another part number, all that should be stored in the PLC and the memmory of it (100kb or 150kb) won't be enough.

Hope you can help me.

Best regards

Juan

Hello,

I was wondering if I can use a Siemens Memmory Card to store recipies of the PLC program (using S7-1200)?, I'm working in a project where there are a number of part numbers which I should check and match with another part number, all that should be stored in the PLC and the memmory of it (100kb or 150kb) won't be enough.

Hope you can help me.

Best regards

Juan

The Siemens support site has a lot of valuable examples. See this one for recipes. There are built in instructions to read/write recipes to the memory card. It is saved as a CSV file, which can be then downloaded/edited/changed if you wish.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/94681612

Thanks, the examples states that I can.
Have anyone used them?

Best regards
Juan

I haven't used the example code specifically, but I have used the built in recipe functions before, in a 1500. It looks like 1200 is the same recipe function, you just need the added step of writing to a load memory DB first.