Which IO modules in CLX can do time stamping?

ckchew666

Hi,

ANyone here knows if the 1756-IB16 or normal I/O modules in CLX can do time stamping (not more than 100ms)?

Besides CLX any other AB controller can do time stamping?

Thx.

Timestamping is available with all ControlLogix discrete I/O cards when you have them in a chassis with a CST time master (like a controller). The timestamp only updates once for a state change on any of the points on the card.

There are some new input cards coming out that will timestamp for all sixteen points and work with a GPS input for synchronizing among different systems.

100 milliseconds isn't much of a challenge... you could do that with almost any controller.

What's the application ?

Last edited:

Similar Topics

We have a working system using PLC5 hardware. The processors are 5/80C (redundant). In addition to regular AI, AO, DI and DO modules we also have...
Replies
Views
Hi, We've a customer's plant using PLC 5/60 (non-redundant). The number of IO are: DI = 300 DO = 300 AI = 24 AO = 16 Customer is thinking of...
Replies
Views
I have just installed Studio 5000 V30.11 on my Windows 11 Pro machine. First I had an "Invalid Pointer" error that required me to update Factory...
Replies
Views
Hi First post here! I admit I am not too used to handle interrupt OBs in Siemens. I have a customer who has been buying a standardized solution...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody! I have 2 Mitsubishi Q series PLCs that have built-in IP addresses of 192.168.3.xx and both of them have Ethernet modules...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom