Sensing rise / fall changes in test setup

speechsupply

The sensor has a 4-20 mA output.
In order to get an analog 4-20 mA value into a PC, there are many ways.
If this is a permanent industrial installation, I would suggest to use a PLC as the datalogger, and then connect the PC to the PLC to fetch the data. Some small PLCs even have a webbrowser interface so you can retrieve the data without having to make a special PC program to connect to the PLC.
One such small PLC is Siemens S7-1200 which is reasonably inexpensive.

Okay thanks!

Think I'm looking at some expansion modules then - need to make atleast 3 setups. So 9 analog signals.

Can you recommend any litterature on getting started with PLC ?

Everyone has their favorite plc to use.

I suggest that you look in your area and find local plc distributors and see what they have to offer. Ask around and see what their customer support is like. Great or not so good. Then make your selection.

that would be my first step.

james