PanelView Plus MER file

unsaint32

We have a Panelview Plus in our local PLC network, but we don't have FactoryTalk View software. Is there a way to upload (retrieve) a MER file from a PanelView Plus without using the FT software?

Yes, You can use either a CF card or a USB key.

You'll want to leave the application and bring the terminal to its config menu.
From there, You can insert your card/key and navigate to the file copy functions.
Copy the program from the internal storage to your external storage.
(Probably want to grab the panelview plus manual for the EXACT directions on this, but that's the gist from memory)

Put the following line in a autorun.bat file on a USB drive and plug it into the PanelView. It will copy all MER files onto the USB drive without having to exit the running application:

copy \Application Data\Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime\*.mer \USB Storage\

Put the following line in a autorun.bat file on a USB drive and plug it into the PanelView. It will copy all MER files onto the USB drive without having to exit the running application:

For some reason it did not work. I named the file autorun.bat, and it is in the root level of the USB memory stick. I am pasting the code here...

[autorun]
icon=app.ico
label=pUrple Drive
open=calc.exe

for that usb memory stick trick with the autorun.bat file, you can just plug the USB stick in whenever? Or do you have to cycle power to the HMI to get it to execute?

Also I just downloaded the transfer utility...I used to have that at one time...

Last edited: