analog signal recorder/logger

Dear Experts,
A friend of mine asking me to have a kind of analog (4-20mA) recorder/logger for analizing performence of his instrument (he want to shows his intrument performance to buyer). This "tools" will installed for a month, after that it will be removed. PLC+HMI/PC will be an easier solution I think, but it will cost too much considering only using for a month an only to sale one or two units of instruments.

I also think about a raspeberry/arduino solution but I have no experience on that but I still willing to learn if it's needed.

If you have any experiance or idea please share

Thank you

A single analog channel?

You could use a cheap micrologix PLC with built in analog IO, some models have free PLC software. Couple that with AdvancedHMI solution (free) running on a PC to log the data.

A single analog channel?

You could use a cheap micrologix PLC with built in analog IO, some models have free PLC software. Couple that with AdvancedHMI solution (free) running on a PC to log the data.

Thank you sir,

Yes it's only one channel needed.
Micrologix+Advance HMI, I will consider about that...thank you