FTViewME user controls

MSe

Hi all,

Two questions reqarding factory talk view machine edition:

1) Button
How do you place a button on HMI which write an integer into an HMI tag? From what I see the AB way differs much from WW or Siemens. Cannot figure out which type of button to use and how to configure it Need some help here.

2) Control List Selector
I copied a control list selector from an existing project. This is working perfectly if the operator has access to a fysical keyboard. However we have a touch screen. I cannot figure out any way to let the control list selector be operated by touch screen only. Any hints appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2) Control List Selector
I copied a control list selector from an existing project. This is working perfectly if the operator has access to a fysical keyboard. However we have a touch screen. I cannot figure out any way to let the control list selector be operated by touch screen only. Any hints appreciated.

Just figured out part two:
You have to use the 'move up / down' and 'enter' buttons and link the to the control list selector.

Help for part one still appreciated.

How do you place a button on HMI which write an integer into an HMI tag?
Go to Objects > Numeric & String > Numeric Input Enable:

At run time the operator can use the numeric input enable button to open a numeric pop-up keypad or scratchpad. When the operator presses the button, the pop-up opens. The operator can use the pop-up to enter a numeric value to send to the Value connection at the data source, or to ramp a displayed value up or down.
Read the FTVME help file. You'll find information about all the objetcs (how to setup them and how they work during runtime)

Depending on what you are trying to achieve:

Momentary Push Button:
Select "Value" for the Button Action on the "General" tab, on the "States" set the values that you want to write to your tag for each state.
As long as the button is pressed the value of state 1 is written to the connected tag. As soon as you release (+ Hold time) the button, the value of state 0 is written to the tag.

Maintained Push Button:
Setup like the Momentary one, will change its state when the button is pressed.

Macro Button:
Create a macro that will write a value to your tag, execute it once when the button is pressed.

Note that you won't be able to change the values during runtime. If you need to change the values you would normally use the Numeric Input Enable button.

Have a look at
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewme-um004_-en-e.pdf