Looking for some really basic help

secs

Hi all.

I normally have the luxury or having to fault find stuff and only have to modify others code. However I now find myself in the position to have to right a very simple program to test some applications. Using a micrologix 1100 as we have one laying around here.

This question is going to seem very simple to some but I have only ever received training on AB plc5 stuff. I need the unit to read an analog voltage.

I remember the plc5 we have to configure the AI somewhere and need to know where I can find the info for the Micro 1100. I also seem to remember it wrote the value to a file or we had to mov it or something.

Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or some basic info?

Peter

The setup should be in the 'I/O Configutayion' section on the left side of the programmung window. Use Google to find and download the manuals for the Micrologix 1100. It's all there.

The built in analog inputs on the Micrologix aren't as sophisticated as the plc5s input modules. No need to Bit Transfer Write ( I think that's what you had in mind) any configuration data to the module.
Wire your voltage signals according to the manual and you should see the immediate result at I0.4 & I0.5
If you are using expansion modules you have to include them in the controllers I/O configuration. You can adjust the settings for the individual channels there as well.