Point I/O again

nehpets

I appear to have another issue with point I/O, perhaps someone can throw some light on it.

I have a remote rack which has 41 cards,these cards are a mixture of 4 point input and output cards along with 2 channel analog input and ouput cards running on controllogix version 16.3.

The issue is, I have just added an additional card which is an 8 point input card, this card is all configured and running correctly, however, if inputs 1 to 4 are used and active all is as it should be, but if input 5 comes on then input 7 also comes on even though nothing is connected to it, this also happens if input 6 is turned on then input 8 also comes on.

Any ideas as to why this is the case?

Thanks
Steve

Scrub this post, I've just realised I have the wrong terminal connector connected for the 1734-IB8, Doh!

Steve

cheers nehpets, you had me thinking yesterday and I was trying to figure it out, as I had issues with an ML1400 that had outputs coming on like that, so was wondering about power connections and zero volt lines etc etc etc.

just in completeness then....what was the right terminal connector and what was the wrong terminal connector?
As us newbies to Point I/O could get make these simple mistakes too, given half a chance.....

cheers nehpets, you had me thinking yesterday and I was trying to figure it out, as I had issues with an ML1400 that had outputs coming on like that, so was wondering about power connections and zero volt lines etc etc etc.

just in completeness then....what was the right terminal connector and what was the wrong terminal connector?
As us newbies to Point I/O could get make these simple mistakes too, given half a chance.....

I've seen the micrologix 1400s do this when you forget to take across your common between output groups. You'll turn an output on, and it'll stay on.

John,
I didn't think you were, This was the publication I used and thought it would save me going through reams of explanation, basically the 12 terminal connector has internal links.

Steve

cheers Steve, I know, sometimes there is too much information to be regurgitating, especially in Rockwell manuals.

I have some Point I/O to add next week in a short shutdown to a running plant, and I do not want to get it wrong...