PLC Programming Test

allexkym

Hi guys!

First of all, I do not know if my question is appropiate to this forum. If not, please sorry!

Well, I am from Brazil and I have looked for a job in USA. After I send A LOT of resumes, I have got a PLC Programming test (RSLogix 5000). Could anyone, please, give some test examples that USA companies use to apply? I mean, what do the companies avaliate, what kind of process do they simulate in the tests? I am asking it just to make myself more prepared to the test.

Thank you.

Last edited:
When I administer a PLC test for our potential employees I give a similar test. Not many people pass it by the way..... but I just look to make sure they understand 5000 programming. Don't go into it programming a bunch of B3[0] arrays and N7 etc.... use 5000 tag structures and UDT's. You would be surprised how many people are stuck in the SLC days.

Make sure your code is documented with descriptions and tag names use some type of similar tag naming.