Automation Direct P3000

marshg

I've downloaded Automation Direct's Productivity Suite 3000. I've been looking for a way to create a custom function such as a valve or motor. Is there something similar to Rockwell RSLogix's 5000 Add-On Instruction (AOI) or at least a Jump to Subroutine with parameters. Does this software or any of Automation Direct's products have any ability to create this? How about the ability to create user-defined data types? Thanks in advance!

I dont think there is an AOI function.
Yes you have JSR fuctionality.
Silmilar to UDTs there is something called "Structures"
These are not as flexible as UDT.
Open the software Help file. The entire User Manual is contained in the Help file.

Also Call AD with your questions. Their Tech support is good and FREE :)

No AOI, there is sub routine calling functions (called tasks). I don't believe there is a way to pass arguments in directly with the call though, you would set variables then call the function.

There are structures, but you don't really get to make your own arbituary ones. You can specify structure for many of the functions, but a PID type structure has a structure, a timer has a different structure, etc. You don't get to just create a structure type of your own.