GX Developer Dilemma...

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
HELP ME GUYS!

I (mistakenly) did an online program change, and now I can get it out of that mode!!! IOW, I can no longer work OFFLINE... banghead

What's the trick to getting out of this mode????... :confused:

GX Developer-FX Version 5.00 with an FX1S

beerchug

-Eric

On, nevermind (again)...

Once again, I'm answering my own questions... :D

I switched to 'online(write mode)' then back to 'monitor', then to 'read' and I'm finally back offline. Switching directly to 'read' seems to cause this mess... :confused:

I guess I should re-read both my "Mitsubishi Sucks" threads again as a reminder to stay away... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric

Eric, a friend of myne is equiped with finger that look like sausages. Anyway thats what I keep telling him.
🔨

Last edited:
I dont have the same version as you but with my version it is

shift/F3 for monitor/write (online edit)

and then just F3 for offline edit.

It warns you it is changing mode but the japlish language can be frightening.

When you run into this problem, it's usually because the "Conversion Writing Behavior" is no longer valid. Okay, that sounds confusing.

Better yet, here's how to solve your problem. Go into options, look at "After conversion writing behavior", select "don't write to PLC". Click OK and you should be good to go.

To enable on-line editing, make sure that the "Write during RUN (while PLC is running)" is selected. I think that this changes automatically when you press "Shift-F3" or select "Online/Monitor/'Monitor Write'.

BTW, I'm using GX Developer v 7.01B

... rab

RBergmann said:
I think that this changes automatically when you press "Shift-F3" or select "Online/Monitor/'Monitor Write'.

I'm pretty sure I tried the F3/Shift-F3 method. Perhaps I wasn't persistent enough... :rolleyes:

In any case, I've located the radio buttons mentioned. Not sure why I didn't see them before... :confused:

[attachment]

Thanks for the help guys!... :site:

beerchug

-Eric

dontwrite.jpg