FTV Alarm Import Errors

tduke02

Hello All,

This is my first post, so bare with me.

I am working on setting up a new alarm server on FT SE. I have already added a few alarms but used the export tool to Excel. Added about seventy alarms using the same format as the other alarms. I then used the import tool and everything went well. I exported again and added about fifty more alarms and when I try to import back into SE I get the following error:

Unable to load the XML file: Mixers_Lqd_Pack_Lqd_Pack_AES_AlarmExport.xls
Cause: minLength constraint failed.

The attribute: 'name' has an invalid value according to its data type.

Line number: 3570
Character position = 76
<FTAlarmElement name="" latched="" ackRequired="" style="Discrete">
This status file 'AlarmImportErrors.txt' can be found at ''

I can also add these in SE one at a time but doing them as a batch was so much faster.
If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

So, something in the last added data has a problem. And the error is pointing to the location of the offending element. Are you using VBA code to create the new data? Maybe you're creating a name or path too long.

No. I'm not using vba, just digital tags to trigger an event. Since I couldn't get the second import to work, I exported what I already had because I knew it worked and then copied the remaining alarms from the old excel file and tried to import again. Everything worked without an error. I must have "fat fingered" something on the one before.

Thank you for the quick response.