Messaging data from Compact logix to Control logix

grider75

Let me know if this is possible. I have a Compact logix with a 10.206.100.10 ip address and I need to read data from it to a Control logix on 10.206.36.9 ip address. Is this possible? I am getting error in my message instruction.
Comms path is set up as MCCP7A_CLX, 2, 10.206.100.10, 1, 0
Error code 16#0000_0204

There would need to be a router between the two since they are on different subnets.

If the subnets were both 255.255.0.0, then they would be able to directly communicate without a router.

I thought that might be a problem. The compact logix is in a packaging line that I am trying to get to. There is a bagger, palletizer connected on the same network. The palletizer has a NAT device in it that is on the 254 subnet. So, if I message the data I need from the bagger to the palletizer then message it from the palletizer to my control logix would that work?