P_Ain alarm repeat

rankhornjp

I have a level transmitter that is going to a P_Ain block and we are alarming the lo and the hi levels. We want the alarm to repeat if the level stays lo for more than 5 mins. How do I do that?

Thanks

James

Well you could add an external timer to re-trigger the alarm, but this might add a lot of entries in your HMI alarm log. Or you could edit the AOI with a timer function to do what you want.

Well you could add an external timer to re-trigger the alarm, but this might add a lot of entries in your HMI alarm log. Or you could edit the AOI with a timer function to do what you want.

I'm trying to figure out HOW to re-trigger it. I know I need a timer so that when it's in alarm condition the timer starts, when the timer is DN I want to re-trigger the alarm (having more alarm entries is OK). What do I tie the DN bit to in the block to re-trigger the alarm?

If it works anything like the ALMA/ALMD you could do an XIO of the external .DN bit on the P_AIn call

Or you could try manipulating the .EnableIn