Redundant System

teh

Supporting Member
Hi Folk,

If there is 2 Omron PLC running redundancy with 2 Citect servers

and 4 Clients, what is the better system/design to do it?

( we have no experience on redundancy system ).

Regards

Can you give a small discription of how the system is set up. With the type numbers of the hardware would be nice.

A lot of the time a customer thinks he has a redundand sytem but then it turns out he hasn't a complete redundant system.

I would look at the sytems of siemens. Maybe the 315F for example. Also the cards are fail safe.
If they compley with redundant sytem I don't know. It best to ask your siemens rep.
Keep in mind it's siemens. So the hardware will be expencive and you will need aditional software ( and licences afcourse).

It isn't mutch but I hope it helps.

Hello,
As JvdV asked, a little more info would help here.
Omron do produce duplex PLC systems (notably the 'older' CVM1D system, but more recently, the CS1D series. This is a full duplex system, (dual processors running in parallel) with hot-swap of I/O and network cards in case of failure. Is your system based around either of these products, or has somebody just 'strapped' 2 PLCs together ;)
As has been said, a bit more info would go a long way. :)