allen bradley plc

helioplc1287

hello to everyone, I will go to collage to learn PLC programming , but I want to buy a micrologix 1000 plc and software to practice in my home, I know only the basic thinks but I would like to learn more, if someone can help me, is expansive the software?
thank you.

hello to everyone, I will go to collage to learn PLC programming , but I want to buy a micrologix 1000 plc and software to practice in my home, I know only the basic thinks but I would like to learn more, if someone can help me, is expansive the software?
thank you.

You can download RS Logix Micro for free.

For that platform, the software is actually free.

Someone else can post a link because I'm way back in the woods, and it's sketchy with the signal out back.

On Rockwell's homepage, click on the support tab. On the next page click on download tab, This brings up the product compatibility and downloads page. Search for "RSLogix Micro Starter Lite w/o RSLinx EN". This will take you right to the download. On same page you can search for "RSLinx Classic Lite (free)". This will get you to the free Rslinx download. Hope this helps.

if you haven't already bought the MicroLogix 1000 - then pay a little bit extra and get a MicroLogix 1100 instead ... the free software will work with that one too - and you'll get a lot more features to learn about ...

I know only the basic thinks but I would like to learn more, if someone can help me, is expansive the software?
thank you.

See here http://www.plccable.com/allen-bradley-1/

The software is free, you just need to register on AB's site and search the data base... they removed the direct download page, I think they are just getting ready for the goodbye send off to the 1000's so they now have it listed under the 1763-L products

We also offer the Micro820 series trainers so you may want to look at them, the MicroLogix family will be around for a long time even after the 1000's are gone in June of 2017

if you haven't already bought the MicroLogix 1000 - then pay a little bit extra and get a MicroLogix 1100 instead ... the free software will work with that one too - and you'll get a lot more features to learn about ...

If funds are available, I would go with a ML1400 for starters. The software is only about $110.00. The ML1400 has even more features.

I would also try find a Red Lion HMI, like a G306A000. I found a sealed G306 on ebay for $450.00. Date code was 5 weeks old.

I built a "Magic Box" with that and a 1766-L32BWAA to solve illusive issues on other systems. Worked like a charm, and also trapped a naughty operator. Yes, he did do it...